Life on mars
It’s a god-awful small affair,
to the girl with the mousy hair…
25 years after Life on Mars?, David Bowie said: «I think she (the girl with the mousy hair) finds herself disappointed with reality… that although she’s living in the doldrums of reality, she’s being told that there’s a far greater life somewhere, and she’s bitterly disappointed that she doesn’t have access to it… I suppose that now I would pity her, at the time I was feeling empathy with her».
Impressed by the melody and the lyrics of this famous song, we asked two musicians with mental disorders to perform the song and they accepted to take a very long journey with us to go and record the video in a Palladian villa.
This is our vision of this god-awful small affair.
- 1735: Carlo Cordellina Molin, venetian lawyer, starts the works of Villa Cordellina Lombardi, under the supervision of architect Giorgio Massari.
- 1743: Gianbattista Tiepolo paints the frescos in the honor salon, the subject is: Light of Intelligence scares away the darkness of the ignorance.
- 1908: Eugen Bleuler, Swiss psychiatrist, coins the nosological word schizophrenia.
- 1928: born in Wien Otto Kernberg, psychiatrist and psychoanalyst, theorist of Borderline organization of personality.
- 1971: RCA release the album Hunky Dory by David Bowie, in which is contained the song Life on Mars?.
- 1971: Mars 2 and Mars 3 (USSR) landed on Mars.
- 2006: BBC broadcast the first episode of Life on Mars, a sci-fi crime serial.